Sunday, May 18, 2008

Its HOT in Seattle


And I am hotter! So says N - so what if the sunglasses are a few sizes too big - they still look hep, dont they?

The last 3 days were HOT - temperatures went upto 90F ( thats about 32 C I think, I had to open up calc and think of conversion formulae even after 3 years of being in the US). Thats an interesting thought - why do I still think in Celcius, Kgs and Kms? When somebody tells me the temperature is 90 deg, I am like -ya, thats hot! But do I have any inkling what that really means? You bet I don't - so somewhere in the background my mind is racing to do the calculations so that I can make the right social response.

Anyway, back to the heat in Seattle. It is so hot that we are all wearing shorts - and there is a crowd near every water body available. Since SEattle has no dearth of water bodies, no fear of not finding a spot. One of the things Ilove about this city - parks and waterbodies abound. Once the sun comes out, no place likethis.

We got up early today, played tennis at greenLake - followed by Ultimate Frisbee. That was fun. As usual, my cheeks are red and sunburnt. N enjoyed playing in the grass. Sujeet (hep hep Sujeet) had new sunglasses - and N stole them from him. She's rocking in them.

What a great day! If every day waslike this, well, life would have been justperfect.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello you cant copy from my blog ok?? fyi,i saw your blog after writing my latest post.this is as bad as siblings wearing the same frock or half shirt/half pant combination!!!

Anonymous said...

thats fine as long as you think of celsius NOT celcius ( are you that bad with spelling as with conversion formulae?