Monday, May 19, 2008

N is a fighter

I discovered this the other day at the day care. I went to pick up N one day evening- from the Toddler class (yes,she has graduated from Infant class to Toddler). As I was collecting N's jacket and bag, her teacher casually remarks "N beat a kid in class today". I was not quite sure how to react. My first reaction was to laugh out loud - I was imagining the scene,and could not help but find it funny for a one year old to try to whack another kid. Now there are folks who will chastise me for this - I should be teaching her manners etc etc. I have only one defense - I would have found it equally funny if another kid was hitting N. Anyway, I had enough sense to ask the teacher why? Apparently the other kid was taking N's food - so she had to whack her! What else could she do-I think there is nothing my little baby hates more than having food taken away from her.

Now I can rest assured that she will survive in thisdog eat dog world. I am not sure about her manners though!

2 comments:

~nm said...

Apne hak ke liye to ladna hi padega na! :)

Yup, she will survive well for sure!

Swati said...

I understand what you mean. Went thru the same. I think kids should fight when the need is.

Read here :

http://myamusingmind.blogspot.com/2007/07/to-hit-or-to-sit.html