Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mother's Day Blog - a Day Late



I am not a person given to thinking about "Days" - it seems too much like selling out - to commercialization . But when Mother's day arrived - what did I do? I kept telling AppaPappa Noyonika wants to get me a mother's day gift, she really does.. until he actually went and got me a lovely pair of earrings and beautiful bangles. What I will do for gifts!!


Noyonika made me a card wishing me for Mother's day.


I remembered the cake I baked for my Ma last mother's day when I was in Guwahati. I posted about this on that day.
Sigh.. she's so far away this time. I was jealous of my neighbours - they'd come to wish me and got me a lovely potted plant, and had to leave in a hurry as they were visiting their Mom. Why do we have to stay so from our parents - is it worth being so far away from family? Appa pappa and I are having such existential questions these days.


Oh no, this is quickly turning into a blog about something other than Mother's Day. Or maybe not. If Mother's Day is to celebrate Ma's and Moms and Mother's and Maters and Mommys then can I be blamed if my thinking goes to my own Ma and how far we are from her?



3 comments:

~nm said...

How lovely! But yes, what we women have to to do to make these men churn out gifts and stuff for us :D

Even I'm not in for special one day celebrations of mother or father days!

But this year I also got to celebrate it! :)

Swati said...

WOW ..No one can ask for a gift after this card ..lovely lovely gift ..I am sure you love it more than the ear rings :)

Anonymous said...

@ swsati :i am sure she loved the earrings more than the card :-)after all motherhood cant change ur basic nature can it ba?