Tuesday, February 5, 2008

In fond memory of Eating Out

Appapappa and I - hopefully waiting outside the Italian restaurant to get a table. Holding our breath that N will be quiet for maybe half hour while we can sneak in dinner.

N squeals, kicks, screams. The waiter trying to seat us politely inform us that the table would take another 10 minutes. I have visions of N squealing at the table, us getting funny glances from everybody in the restaurant. We beat a hasty retreat.

To another restaurant across the parking lot - an Indian restaurant where I have seen bawling kids in the past. At least there would be other parents so the glares can be divided among all of us.

N still squeals, kicks and screams. A half eaten dosa and barely touched plate of Pongal - and we are ready to pack up and leave.

I vow never again!!But I know I will be back to try once more - who knows, we may have a lucky day.