Saturday, April 28, 2007

The importance of being Ignorant

I loved it when my baby smiled a gummy toothless smile after her feed. A look of absolute contentment on her face.. she looked angelic in her bliss.

And then I gained knowledge. I have nothing against knowledge in the regular scheme of things.. after all, my profession is based on it. But in this case, knowledge was not what i wanted or needed.

Apparently, baby smiles are not really smiles at all. Rather, they are the result of excess gas in the babies stomach, or so informed me the babycare book, What to Expect the first year, http://www.amazon.com/What-Expect-First-Arlene-Eisenberg/dp/0894805770 I was consulting.

I would have dearly preferred not to have known this little tit bit of information. And kept on being in paradise imagining that the baby smile was being flashed just for me! Sometimes ignorance really is bliss..

3 comments:

Shahana said...

Noyonika's learnt the art of faking it! I foresee a bright future for this lil hottie ;-)

the mad momma said...

LOL!!! yeah... its the least they can do to allow young mothers that luxury considering most of us are so tired and could do with a smile!! !

Unknown said...

ha firstly first when i read shahana's comment, i had read it as .. this little bottle - my ageing eyes.

secondly second - that gas part -- well so do grown ups or haven't you realised. so go on and bask in all the smileys.